LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Responsibilities of Faculty Mentor
Faculty Mentor must be actively involved in mentoring the student through all aspects of the project: project determination and development, execution of project activities, achievement of project outcomes and preparation for presentation.
- Clarify to the student your specific expectations related to the SSD project. Refer students to SSD website for additional resources and support www.gvsu.edu/ours/ssd/
- Confirm SSD Faculty Mentor designation on SSD Registration website by the registration period deadline
Mentor students through the revision process, checking for content, organization, punctuation, grammar, etc.
- Refer students to GVSU Writing Center staff for additional support www.gvsu.edu/wc/
- Make final changes to abstract by the registration period deadline
Poster Creation (if applicable)
Mentor students through the design and revision process.
- Show student examples of appropriate poster content, design and materials
- Revise poster content prior to final poster creation
Mentor students through the creative process by:
- View and provide constructive feedback for presentation improvement prior to SSD
- Promote professionalism during presentation
- Attend student's SSD presentation for support and feedback