LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Secondary Admission for Occupational Safety and Health
What is Secondary Admission?
Many students wonder what secondary admission actually means. Certain programs at GVSU require students to complete a specific set of courses at or above a required GPA level. Once students have completed these requirements, the next step is to submit a secondary admission's application.
Use the link below to access the application. Note: Login using Blackboard credentials.
Admission to majors in the OSHM program requires approval of a secondary application. Admission is required at the completion of the OSH fundamentals.
- GPA of 2.3 or above in the OSHM fundamentals courses listed below;
- Completion of each course in the OSHM fundamentals with a grade of C (2.0) or above with not more than one repeat.
The OSHM Fundamentals Courses, 33-38 credits, are as follows.
- BIO 105 - Environmental Science Credits: 3 OR
- BMS 202 - Anatomy and Physiology Credits: 4 OR
- CHM 109 - Introductory Chemistry Credits: 4 OR
- CHM 230 - Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry Credits: 4 OR
- MTH 122 - College Algebra Credits: 3 OR
- OSH 300 - Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health Credits: 3
- PHY 200 - Physics for the Life Sciences Credits: 4 OR
- PSY 101 - Introductory Psychology Credits: 3
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics Credits: 3 OR
- WRT 150 - Strategies in Writing Credits: 4