Secondary Admission for Occupational Safety and Health
What is Secondary Admission?
Many students wonder what secondary admission actually means. Certain programs at GVSU require students to complete a specific set of courses at or above a required GPA level. Once students have completed these requirements, the next step is to submit a secondary admission's application.
Use the link below to access the application. Note: Login using Blackboard credentials.
Admission to majors in the OSHM program requires approval of a secondary application. Admission is required at the completion of the OSH fundamentals.
- GPA of 2.3 or above in the OSHM fundamentals courses listed below;
- Completion of each course in the OSHM fundamentals with a grade of C (2.0) or above with not more than one repeat.
The OSHM Fundamentals Courses, 33-38 credits, are as follows.
- BIO 105 - Environmental Science Credits: 3 OR
- BMS 202 - Anatomy and Physiology Credits: 4 OR
- CHM 109 - Introductory Chemistry Credits: 4 OR
- CHM 230 - Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry Credits: 4 OR
- MTH 122 - College Algebra Credits: 3 OR
- OSH 300 - Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health Credits: 3
- PHY 200 - Physics for the Life Sciences Credits: 4 OR
- PSY 101 - Introductory Psychology Credits: 3
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics Credits: 3 OR
- WRT 150 - Strategies in Writing Credits: 4