LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
High School Band Day
Return of the GVSU Band Day!
The Mu Kappa Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi and the Laker Marching Band invite YOU to the Annual GVSU High School Band Day on Saturday, September 18, 2021 as the Lakers of Grand Valley take on the University of Wisconin-Lacrosse Eagles! One member or the whole band can register to attend!
Come be apart of the action with the National Championship Laker Football Team as the GVSU Band Day musicians perform in a powerful mass band with the GVSU "Pride of the Midwest!"
If you have any questions please free to contact us by phone at (616) 331-2942, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Band Day Registration
- Online Registration will open on August 23, 2021.
- All participants and guests must register online.
- You can enter 1-15 registrants (participants and guests).
- If you have more than 15, then you will need to submit more than one time.
- Online registrations must be completed by the director or their appointee by 9:00 a.m. on Monday, September 13, 2021.
- To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, the band director, parent, or chaperone must accompany participants.
Band Directors can download a Band Day Registration Help Packet that contains:
- Band Day Letter
- Registration Work Sheet to assist with online registration
- Map of GVSU Allendale Campus with marked parking (free) and drop off location
BAND DAY REGISTRATION HELP PACKET
GVSU Band Day Costs
- The cost of attendance for a student is $15.
- This covers the student's ticket to the football game and music.
- Guests can request football tickets ($13/per person) for the game through the online GVSU Band Day Registration site.
- Every guest attending the football game will need to purchase a ticket.
- Students and Guests can request:
- Meal ticket ($10/per person) and/or an official GVSU Band Day T-Shirt ($7/per person) through the online GVSU Band Day Registration form.
- Both the meal and t-shirt are optional.
- All who are purchasing a football ticket or dinner ticket must register through the GVSU Band Day Online Registration by Monday, September 13, 2021.
- No additional Official Band Day T-Shirts or Dinner tickets can be purchased after Monday, September 13, 2021.
- Refunds will be honored until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 10, 2021.
Band Day Parking
A. Personal Cars
- Parking is FREE in Lot H2, H4, K East and K West that are NOT designated for Faculty/Staff or Paid Parking
- These are the closest lots to the Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- You must pay to park in all other Allendale campus parking lots
B. Bus Parking
- Park in Lot H4 ONLY
C. Band Day Participant Drop Off for Buses
- Buses can drop off students in Lot M across from the Haas Center for Performing Arts Field where Band Day Check In takes place.
- After drop off, buses will need to park in Lot H4 ONLY
D. GVSU Allendale Campus Map
Payment & Required Forms
- Payments will be accepted by mail (encouraged) before Monday, September 13, 2021 or at the Band Day Check-in on Saturday, September 18, 2021.
- All participants and guests must be paid in-full on or before Saturday, (CANCELLED) to participate.
- Checks should made out to: 2021 GVSU Band Day
Please send checks to:
2021 GVSU Band Day
1 Campus Drive, 1300 Haas Center for the Performing Arts
Allendale, MI 49401
II. Required Form for All Participants to Complete
Minor Children Program Release Form
**Please review the Drop Off/Pick Up GVSU Band Day Program policy below before completing the Minor Children Program Release Form.
Band Day Check In is from 9:00am - 11:00 a.m. at the Haas Center for the Performing Arts practice field.
All materials (Music, T-Shirt, Tickets for students and Tickets for Guests) will be handed out at Check In.
We offer a Pizza, bread Sticks, and Salad late lunch from 1:00-1:45 p.m. for students and guests with a meal ticket. A meal ticket ($10/per person) can be requested through the online GVSU Band Day Registration form. The meal is completely optional.
If you choose to not purchase a meal ticket, other food options are offered by GVSU Campus Dining. See Campus Dining for more information on alternative food options.
Drop Off / Pick Up Policy for Participants
Parents/Legal Guardians/Foster Parents/Approved Chaperone are required to read, abide by and sign Minor Children Program Release Form section concerning the Drop Off/Pick Up policy for the GVSU Band Day program.
Location: The Drop Off location is the Check-In tent at the Haas Center for Performing Arts Practice Field that is located behind the Haas Center for Performing Arts.
Time: 9:00-11:00 a.m.
Activity: 9:00-11:00 a.m. is the Check-In time window for all Band Day Participants.
Location: Lubbers Stadium - South Gate Entrance
A) Participants leaving immediately after halftime must be met by their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 5:30 p.m.
B) Participants staying for the rest of the game will remain in the designated seating until the end of the game. Participants will be met their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 7:30 p.m.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, the band director, parent, or chaperone must accompany participants.
Each band can purchase the following musical selections that will be performed during the 2021 Band Day Halftime Show or music will be provided the day of the event:
Selection #1: TBD
Selection #2: TBD
- ALL participants must bring their own instrument or flag, lyre and flip folder.
- GVSU will not provide any instrument or flag, lyres or flip folders for the Band Day Event.
- Participants must secure their case and personal items in their vehicle before marching to the stadium.
- Participants cannot store cases or personal items in the GVSU Band Room or the Haas Center for Performing Arts.
- Participants should wear their HS Band Uniform at the performance.
- There is a 30-45 minute block of time after the "late lunch" to change into uniforms.
Color Guard Videos
- Color Guard Videos will be posted on or before September 6, 2021
- Majorettes will be placed as a group alongside the GVSU feature twirlers
- Song #1 -
- The twirlers will learn a routine at band day that they will perform with the GVSU feature twirlers
- Song #2 -
- This song will allow the twirlers to showcase their talents. Please come with some 1,2, and 3 baton work prepared. You will be placed next to other twirlers but you will perform your own routine.
All majorette participants can contact TBD if you have any questions at TBD.
GVSU Band Day Schedule
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Band Day Check-In at Haas Center for Performing Arts Marching Band Field
Laker Marching Band Rehearsal at the Haas Center for the Performing Arts Marching Band Field. Open rehearsal. ALL encouraged to attend!
Mandatory Rehearsal with Laker Marching Band at Haas Center for Performing Arts Practice Field
Performance by GVSU Faculty Brass Quintet - Louis Armstrong Theater - All Band Day participants attend
Pizza Lunch (for those who purchased) at Haas Center for the Performing Arts Marching Band Practice Field or GVSU Band Room (if raining)
** Participants should be uniform by 1:00 p.m.
** All cases/personal items must be secured in vehicles before marching to the stadium. Participants cannot store cases or personal items in the GVSU Band Room or in the Haas Center for Performing Arts.
Line up at Haas Center for Performing Arts Practice Field to prepare for march to Lubber's Stadium
Arrive at Lubber's Stadium - Band Day participants go to designated seating in stadium
Kick Off! - ANCHOR UP!
**Participants are dismissed after halftime. Participants leaving after halftime must be met by their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 5:00 p.m.
**Participants staying for the rest of the game will remain in the designated seating until the end of the game. Participants will be met their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 7:00 p.m.