High School Band Day
2021 GVSU Band Day Cancelled
The 2021 GVSU Band Day has been cancelled due to COVID concerns and keeping the well-being of all students (Band Day Participants and GVSU students) the primary focus. Our hope is have a alternate event in the Winter or Spring of 2022.
We wish everyone a great and safe 2021-22 school year and hope to see you back with the Laker Marching Band in 2022.
GVSU Band Day!
The Mu Kappa Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi and the Laker Marching Band invite YOU to the Annual GVSU High School Band Day on TBD for 2022 as the Lakers of Grand Valley take on TBD for 2022! One member or the whole band can register to attend!
Come be apart of the action with the National Championship Laker Football Team as the GVSU Band Day musicians perform in a powerful mass band with the GVSU "Pride of the Midwest!"
If you have any questions please free to contact us by phone at (616) 331-2942, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Band Day Registration
- Online Registration will open on TBD
- All participants and guests must register online.
- You can enter 1-15 registrants (participants and guests).
- If you have more than 15, then you will need to submit more than one time.
- Online registrations must be completed by the director or their appointee by 9:00 a.m. on TBD for 2022.
- To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, the band director, parent, or chaperone must accompany participants.
BAND DAY REGISTRATION FORM
Band Directors can download a Band Day Registration Help Packet that contains:
- Band Day Letter
- Registration Work Sheet to assist with online registration
- Map of GVSU Allendale Campus with marked parking (free) and drop off location
BAND DAY REGISTRATION HELP PACKET
GVSU Band Day Costs
- The cost of attendance for a student is $15.
- This covers the student's ticket to the football game and music.
- Guests can request football tickets ($13/per person) for the game through the online GVSU Band Day Registration site.
- Every guest attending the football game will need to purchase a ticket.
- Students and Guests can request:
- Meal ticket ($10/per person) and/or an official GVSU Band Day T-Shirt ($7/per person) through the online GVSU Band Day Registration form.
- Both the meal and t-shirt are optional.
- All who are purchasing a football ticket or dinner ticket must register through the GVSU Band Day Online Registration by TBD for 2022.
- No additional Official Band Day T-Shirts or Dinner tickets can be purchased after TBD for 2022.
- Refunds will be honored until 5:00 p.m. on TBD for 2022.
Band Day Parking
A. Personal Cars
- Parking is FREE in Lot H2, H4, K East and K West that are NOT designated for Faculty/Staff or Paid Parking
- These are the closest lots to the Performing Arts Center (PAC)
- You must pay to park in all other Allendale campus parking lots
B. Bus Parking
- Park in Lot H4 ONLY
C. Band Day Participant Drop Off for Buses
- Buses can drop off students in Lot M across from the Haas Center for Performing Arts Field where Band Day Check In takes place.
- After drop off, buses will need to park in Lot H4 ONLY
D. GVSU Allendale Campus Map
Payment & Required Forms
- Payments will be accepted by mail (encouraged) before Thursday, September 16, 2021 or at the Band Day Check-in on TDB for 2022.
- All participants and guests must be paid in-full on or before Saturday, (CANCELLED) to participate.
- Checks should made out to: 2022 GVSU Band Day
Please send checks to:
2022 GVSU Band Day
1 Campus Drive, 1300 Haas Center for the Performing Arts
Allendale, MI 49401
II. Required Form(s) for All Participants to Complete
**Please review the Drop Off/Pick Up GVSU Band Day Program policy below.
Band Day Check In is from 8:00am - 10:00 a.m. at the Haas Center for the Performing Arts practice field.
All materials (Music, T-Shirt, Tickets for students and Tickets for Guests) will be handed out at Check In.
We offer a Pizza, bread Sticks, and Salad late lunch from 12:00-1:00 p.m. for students and guests with a meal ticket. A meal ticket ($10/per person) can be requested through the online GVSU Band Day Registration form. The meal is completely optional.
If you choose to not purchase a meal ticket, other food options are offered by GVSU Campus Dining. See Campus Dining for more information on alternative food options.
Drop Off / Pick Up Policy for Participants
Location: The Drop Off location is the Check-In tent at the Haas Center for Performing Arts Practice Field that is located behind the Haas Center for Performing Arts.
Time: 8:00-10:00 a.m.
Activity: 8:00-10:00 a.m. is the Check-In time window for all Band Day Participants.
Location: Lubbers Stadium - South Gate Entrance
A) Participants leaving immediately after halftime must be met by their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 5:00 p.m.
B) Participants staying for the rest of the game will remain in the designated seating until the end of the game. Participants will be met their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 7:00 p.m.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, the band director, parent, or chaperone must accompany participants.
Each band can purchase the following musical selections that will be performed during the 2022 Band Day Halftime Show or music will be provided the day of the event:
Selection #1: TBD
Selection #2: TBD
- ALL participants must bring their own instrument or flag, lyre and flip folder.
- GVSU will not provide any instrument or flag, lyres or flip folders for the Band Day Event.
- Participants must secure their case and personal items in their vehicle before marching to the stadium.
- Participants cannot store cases or personal items in the GVSU Band Room or the Haas Center for Performing Arts.
- Participants can wear either their HS Band Uniform or an optional summer uniform (blue, black or white T-Shirt, pants or shorts, tennis shoes at the performance.
Color Guard Videos
- Color Guard Videos will be posted on or before TBD for 2022.
- Majorettes will be placed as a group alongside the GVSU feature twirlers
- Song #1 -
- The twirlers will be provided a video after registration of the routing that they will perform with the GVSU feature twirler.
- Song #2 -
- This song will allow the twirlers to showcase their talents. Please come with some 1,2, and 3 baton work prepared. You will be placed next to other twirlers but you will perform your own routine.
All majorette participants can contact TBD if you have any questions at TBD.
GVSU Band Day Schedule - TBD for 2022
Band Day Check-In at Haas Center for Performing Arts Marching Band Field
Laker Marching Band Rehearsal at the Haas Center for the Performing Arts Marching Band Field. Open rehearsal. ALL encouraged to attend!
Mandatory Rehearsal with Laker Marching Band at Haas Center for Performing Arts Practice Field
Performance by GVSU Faculty Brass Quintet - Haas Center for Performing Arts Practice Field - All Band Day participants attend
Pizza Lunch (for those who purchased) at Haas Center for the Performing Arts Marching Band Practice Field or GVSU Band Room (if raining)
** Participants should be uniform by 1:00 p.m.
** All cases/personal items must be secured in vehicles before marching to the stadium. Participants cannot store cases or personal items in the GVSU Band Room or in the Haas Center for Performing Arts.
Line up at Haas Center for Performing Arts Practice Field to prepare for march to Lubber's Stadium
Arrive at Lubber's Stadium - Band Day participants go to designated seating in stadium
Kick Off! - ANCHOR UP!
**Participants are dismissed after halftime. Participants leaving after halftime must be met by their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 5:00 p.m.
**Participants staying for the rest of the game will remain in the designated seating until the end of the game. Participants will be met their parent/legal guardian/approved chaperone at the South Gate of Lubbers Stadium at approx. 7:00 p.m.