Big Splash Week - Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Interested in kayaking at the confluence? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Grand Ravines Lodge
Overlooking the Grand River this former home has been renovated and provides a striking location for the "Confluence" of students, faculty, kayaks, and the Grand River. Come join us!
Free Bus Service from Kirkhof Center Parking Lot to the Grand Ravines Lodge every 30 minutes starting at 9:00 am at the Kirkhof Center.
Schedule for the Event
- 9:45 - 10:00 Clock Tower to the Confluence by bike ride. Bring your bike and sense of adventure and converge at the confluence for kayaking, food, and fun.
- 10:00-2:00 p.m. 30-minute guided Kayak tours on the Grand River (tours leave every 15 minutes). RSVP required. Free Bus to and from Kirkhof from 9 am - 2 p.m. approximately every 30 minutes
- 11:00-11:30 Guided Ravine Hike with Ottawa County Naturalists
- 12:30-1:30 GVSU President Philomena Mantella and Provost Maria Cimitile will be present.
- 12:30-1:00 Ravine Hike with Ottawa County Interpreter.
- 10:00-2:00 Water Activities, Food prepared by Lake Effect Catering, and water-related activities.