Welcome to the Making Waves Initiative Website!
Making Waves about Water is a University initiative to create collaboration across campus among students, faculty, and staff, as well as to with the community. The goal of the Initiative is to explore and investigate the many ways that water touches our lives, from being a life-force to defining GVSU in relation to the Grand River and Lake Michigan. The Initiative has the potential to clearly define GVSU: a liberal arts institution where we integrate theory with practice to prepare students for the challenges of our world.
The broad goals of the initiative are:
Interdisciplinary collaboration: Creating cooperative learning for students, staff, and faculty and within the community
Geographic and institutional identity: Defining characteristics of GVSU as a liberal arts institution in West Michigan
Resources and activities: Synthesizing learning across disciplines, locally, globally, and with intention
MWI Logo Contest
The contest begins on February 1st, 2019. Submissions will be accepted through February 18, 2019.
Winners will be announced via our website, social media websites and by direct contact to the winners' email accounts by March 1, 2019.
This website is under construction (check back for updates)
- One-Page Summary about the Making Waves Initiative (MWI)
- Share an idea, activity, or topic related to water
- Email us if you have questions or suggestions.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)s
Making Waves Teams
The Making Waves Initiative will be coordinated by ten teams of students, faculty, and staff.
- Colloquia and Outside Speakers on Campus
- Community Engagement/Off-campus Outreach
- Curriculum Integration
- Building a Water Community among Faculty and Staff
- Water Wanderings - Field Trips and Activities to Explore Water Issues
- Campus Engagement Co-curriculars
- Research and Student Creative Products
- Funding and Grant Support
- Water Quality and Public Health
- Public Relations
Interested in joining a team? Please send an e-mail to MWI@gvsu.edu.