LAKERS TOGETHER: Grand Valley is preparing for successful learning experiences when classes resume on Aug. 31. Learn more about the plan for fall in this handbook.
Note: Effective January 2, 2019, GVSU changed our online service provider for research compliance training from Epigeum to CITI.
Certificates from both CITI and Epigeum will continue to be accepted after 1/2/19. Training certificates, regardless of provider, are valid for three years from the date of course completion. Therefore, if you have an active training certificate from Epigeum, you will NOT be immediately required to retake the CITI course as a result of this change.
Effective July 1, 2017, any individual named on a new IRB submission must complete both Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) and Human Subjects Research (HSR) training, per the requirements below.
1. Individuals who have not previously been named on an approved GVSU human subjects protocol are required to complete:
2. Individuals who have previously been named on an approved GVSU human subjects protocol are require to complete:
The minimum passing score is 80%. Training certificates are valid for three years, after which point the training will need to be repeated prior to submission of a new IRB protocol.
Any of the following can be used to fulfill the RCR-Concise course requirement:
Any of the following can be used to fulfill the HSR Basic Course requirement (for individuals not previously named on an approved GVSU IRB protocol):
Any of the following can be used to fulfill the HSR Refresher course requirement (for individuals previously named on an approved GVSU IRB protocol):
For the CITI courses, you must complete all required modules and associated quizzes, and score at least 80% overall on the quizzes.
If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact the Office of Research Compliance and Integrity (email@example.com).
1. Click the CITI logo above. If that link does not work for you, go to citiprogram.org and select "Log In." At the next screen, select, "Log in through my institution" and choose "Grand Valley State University" from the list.
2. Enter your GVSU network ID and password. This will take you to your CITI dashboard.
3. To add a course: Click "Add a Course" and answer the questions on the next screen to select the course(s) you wish to complete.
4. Once the course is added, click the name of the course to launch the content. You must read and click on the attestation that appears before you are allowed to begin the modules.
5. Complete all required course modules and quizzes. You will receive a certificate of completion once you have successfully passed the course. You can take the course at your own pace and are not required to complete the course in one sitting. If you do not pass the first time, you can take the course again.
For further details, consult the CITI User Manual.