LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Chris McQueen - Associate Director of Student Life
Chris is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University where he received his Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies in Music Marketing and Promotions, minoring in Vocal Performance; and his Master of Education in Student Leadership and Development from Walden University. Chris is a proud and active member of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity Inc., as well as founding Advisor of the Sigma Tau chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America.
- Greek Life Board Advisor
- Community-wide Membership Intake and New Member Education Support
- Community growth and expansion activities
- Interfraternity Council Recruitment Support
- Relationship Statement reporting coordination
- Advisor to Governing Council Judicial & Standards Boards
- Advisor to Governing Council Treasurers and VPs of Finance
- Advisor to Governing Council Executive Director and Presidents
- Officer transition and training planning, facilitation and support
- January Leadership Retreat planning, facilitation and support
- Chapter advisors, house corporation boards, and house directors
- Leadership & Education officers – FSL 101, Greek Awards, Senior Send Off
- Oversight of Risk Management support – Risk Management 101 & VPs of Risk Management
- Support of chapter growth plans for chapters below four (4) members and support of newly expanded groups
- Oversight for all FSL operations and advising responsibilities, supervision of Graduate Assistants, Student employees
Chris McQueen, M.Ed. – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Office: 616-331-2398
Kayla Bucci - Graduate Assistant
Kayla began working as a Graduate Assistant in Fraternity and Sorority Life in the Office of Student Life in 2019. She has a Bachelor’s of Science in Communication Studies and a minor in Advertising & Public Relations from Grand Valley State University. In her time as an undergraduate at Grand Valley, Kayla joined the Epsilon Gamma Chapter of Sigma Sigma Sigma.
- Greek Week Advising
- Panhellenic Council advising and chapter support
- Interfraternity Council advising and chapter support
- IFC/PHA chapter recruitment planning and support
- Panhellenic Council Recruitment support – Panhellenic VPs of Recruitment
- Oversight of Scholarship and Academic Achievement to all governing council officers.
- Panhellenic Assistant VP of Recruitment advisement and Rho Gamma selection, training, and support oversight
Kayla Bucci – email@example.com; Office Hours: Monday 10a-5p; Tuesday 10a-6p; Wednesday 10a-2p
Shelby Hanselman- Graduate Assistant
Shelby received her Bachelor’s of Arts in Communication with a minor in Human Resource Development from Oakland University. While attending Oakland University she joined the Delta Tau chapter of Alpha Sigma Tau in which she held multiple executive committee positions including Chapter President.
- Order of Omega Advisor
- MGC/NPHC recruitment planning and support
- Multicultural Greek Council advising and chapter support
- National-Panhellenic Council advising and chapter support
- MGC & NPHC community-wide programs and advisory support
- Community-wide Philanthropy & Community Service program support
- House Director programming support and Affiliated Housing Program support
Shelby Hanselman – firstname.lastname@example.org Office Hours: Monday – Wednesday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Lexie Codd - Staff Assistant
Lexie serves as the Staff Assistant in the Office of Student Life for fraternities and sororities and is responsible for providing staff support to the Fraternity and Sorority Life Team.
- Grade Report preparation and distribution
- Fraternity/Sorority Experience Survey execution and analysis
- Oversight of Public Relations & Marketing for Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Office operations and general office management support, website maintenance, AFA & AFLV travel logistics
Lexie Codd – Email: Greek@gvsu.edu; Phone: 616-331-2345