LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Chris McQueen - Associate Director of Student Life
Chris is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University where he received his Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies in Music Marketing and Promotions, minoring in Vocal Performance; and his Master of Education in Student Leadership and Development from Walden University. Chris is a proud and active member of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity Inc., as well as founding Advisor of the Sigma Tau chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America.
- Greek Life Board Advisor
- Community-wide Membership Intake and New Member Education Support
- Community growth and expansion activities
- Interfraternity Council Recruitment Support
- Relationship Statement reporting coordination
- Advisor to Governing Council Judicial & Standards Boards
- Advisor to Governing Council Treasurers and VPs of Finance
- Advisor to Governing Council Executive Director and Presidents
- Officer transition and training planning, facilitation and support
- January Leadership Retreat planning, facilitation and support
- Chapter advisors, house corporation boards, and house directors
- Leadership & Education officers – FSL 101, Greek Awards, Senior Send Off
- Oversight of Risk Management support – Risk Management 101 & VPs of Risk Management
- Support of chapter growth plans for chapters below four (4) members and support of newly expanded groups
- Oversight for all FSL operations and advising responsibilities, supervision of Graduate Assistants, Student employees
Chris McQueen, M.Ed. – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Office: 616-331-2398
You may schedule a meeting with Chris
Justin Brown - Graduate Assistant
Justin is a recent graduate from Western Illinois University and alumni of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, where he majored in Political Science with an emphasis on Public Administration and Public Policy.
- Greek Life Board Advisor
- Primary Panhellenic Council advisor and chapter support
- Inter-fraternity Council Recruitment support
- Oversight of Scholarship and Academic Achievement to all governing council officers.
Shelby Hanselman- Graduate Assistant
Shelby received her Bachelor’s of Arts in Communication with a minor in Human Resource Development from Oakland University. While attending Oakland University she joined the Delta Tau chapter of Alpha Sigma Tau in which she held multiple executive committee positions including Chapter President.
- Order of Omega Advisor
- Primary Advisor for the Inter-fraternity Council and chapter support
- Primary Advisor for the Multicultural Greek Council advising and chapter support
- Community-wide Philanthropy & Community Service program support
- House Director programming support and Affiliated Housing Program support
Shelby Hanselman – email@example.com Office Hours: Monday – Wednesday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Lexie Codd - Staff Assistant
Lexie serves as the Staff Assistant in the Office of Student Life for fraternities and sororities and is responsible for providing staff support to the Fraternity and Sorority Life Team.
- Grade Report preparation and distribution
- Fraternity/Sorority Experience Survey execution and analysis
- Oversight of Public Relations & Marketing for Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Office operations and general office management support, website maintenance, AFA & AFLV travel logistics
Lexie Codd – Email: Greek@gvsu.edu; Phone: 616-331-2345