Meet the Fraternity & Sorority Life Team
Chapter Coaching Model
The FSL team utilizes a chapter coaching model to connect and advise our active chapters. Each staff member is assigned to roughly a third of the chapters and serves as those chapters' main resource regarding FSL policies, the Relationship Statement, and can assist the chapter in a variety of ways depending on their needs.
Chris McQueen - Associate Director of Student Life
Chris is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University where he received his Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies in Music Marketing and Promotions, minoring in Vocal Performance; and his Master of Education in Student Leadership and Development from Walden University. Chris is a proud and active member of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity Inc., as well as founding Advisor of the Sigma Tau chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America.
- Chapter advisors, house corporation boards, and house directors
- Oversight of Risk Management support – Risk Management 101 & VPs of Risk Management
- Support of chapter growth plans for chapters below four (4) members and support of newly expanded groups
- Oversight for all FSL operations and advising responsibilities, supervision of Graduate Assistants, Student employees
Chris McQueen, M.Ed. – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Office: 616-331-2398
You may schedule a meeting with Chris
Lexie Codd - Staff Assistant
Lexie serves as the Staff Assistant in the Office of Student Life for fraternities and sororities and is responsible for providing staff support to the Fraternity and Sorority Life Team.
- Grade Report preparation and distribution
- Fraternity/Sorority Experience Survey execution and analysis
- Oversight of Public Relations & Marketing for Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Office operations and general office management support, website maintenance, AFA & AFLV travel logistics
Lexie Codd – Email: Greek@gvsu.edu; Phone: 616-331-2345
Justin Brown - Graduate Assistant
Justin is a recent graduate from Western Illinois University and alumni of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, where he majored in Political Science with an emphasis on Public Administration and Public Policy.
- Greek Life Board Advisor
- Community-wide programming initiatives
- Primary Panhellenic Council advisor and chapter support
- Inter-fraternity Council Recruitment support
- Oversight of Scholarship and Academic Achievement to all governing council officers.
Justin Brown - email@example.com Office Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Shelby Hanselman- Graduate Assistant
Shelby received her Bachelor’s of Arts in Communication with a minor in Human Resource Development from Oakland University. While attending Oakland University she joined the Delta Tau chapter of Alpha Sigma Tau in which she held multiple executive committee positions including Chapter President.
- Order of Omega Advisor
- Primary Advisor for the Inter-fraternity Council and chapter support
- Primary Advisor for the Multicultural Greek Council advising and chapter support
- Community-wide Philanthropy & Community Service program support
- House Director programming support and Affiliated Housing Program support
Shelby Hanselman – firstname.lastname@example.org Office Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm