Order Of Omega - Nu Omega Chapter
Fraternity & Sorority Leadership Organization
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternal activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and helpfulness;
- To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
The Nu Omega chapter of Order Of Omega chartered at Grand Valley in 1993 and since then has been the premiere all-Greek honorary organization since. With hundreds of Grand Valley Alumni and thousands of Order of Omega alumni nationally, Order of Omega stands as the greatest co-ed honor fraternity on campus.
Order of Omega was founded in 1959 at the University of Miami, to recognize the excellence in scholarship, service, and leadership amongst the Greek community. Since then, Order of Omega has expanded to over 300 chapters nationwide, continuing to recognize the best of the best in Greek organizations.
To be eligible for membership in Order of Omega, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Applicants must have at least one full academic year at Grand Valley State University.
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior (undergraduate) standing.
- Rank academically above the all-Greek average: 3.070 GPA or higher.
- Be in good standing with the Greek fraternal organization.
- November 1, 2023
- Application Opens
- November 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- Application Closes
- November 16, 2023
- An email notification will be sent whether or not an applicant is extended an invitation to initiate.
- November 26, 2023
- Invitation to join and a one-time payment of $63 must be completed by this date.
- December 6, 2023 at 6 p.m.
- Order of Omega initiation will take place in the Cook-DeWitt Center Auditorium.
A one-time $63 fee is required for membership in Order of Omega.