Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
University Curriculum Committee (UCC)
The University Curriculum Committee (UCC) is responsible for a wide range of curriculum matters at the university. Whether it`s a change to an old course, the introduction of a new course or new program, or a change in requirements to a major or minor, the proposal must be reviewed by UCC.
A separate page provides an overview of all curriculum committees at GVSU and the curricular review workflow.
Following review, UCC makes recommendations on all course proposals, degree requirements, program proposals, General Education, Honors courses, Continuing Education curricula, off-campus and summer programs, and accreditation processes.
Curriculum Development Information [listed alphabetically]
- Badges - Credit Bearing (updated 10/12/18)
- BS/BA Program Requirements (formerly BS/BA Cognates) (posted 12/08/16)
- Capstone Definition (posted 08/28/18)
- Catalog Templates (updated 11/06/15)
- Community Based Learning (CBL) Designation - (updated 03/01/18)
- Certificate Program Requirements (posted 06/07/18)
- Certificate Review Guidelines (updated 10/13/14)
- Credit Hour Definition (updated 03/22/16)
- Credit Hour Exceptions (posted 10/20/16)
- Cross Listing Courses Procedure (updated 10/23/12)
- Curricular Actions and Pathways (03 15 19)
- Curricular Review and Development Checklists (09/17/18)
- Dissemination Policy for Scholarly Work with Graduate Students (05/13/19) see p. 65
- Fast-Track Prerequisite Change Form (downloads Excel spreadsheet)(updated 09/28/18)
- Roles and Responsibilities for Curricular Review (10/01/16)
- Syllabus of Record Guidelines (updated 04/13/16)
- Syllabus of Record Fast-Track Processing (posted 03/26/13)
- Syllabus of Record Objective Verbs (updated 09/26/18)
- x80 and x99 Placeholders (posted 03/22/16)
Resources to Help Navigate the Program Proposal Process.
To submit proposals, use Sail, the online curriculum system.