The University Academic Senate and the Executive Committee of the Senate welcomes you to the Faculty Governance Website.
The site is designed to facilitate communication between faculty representatives in university-wide governance and the faculty-at-large. Use the site to see copies of the latest agendas and minutes as they are approved by the committee as well as select digitized proposals that come before governance. If you have opinions about these matters, let us know what you think.
The University Academic Senate's Vision, Mission, and Values statements and the Goals and Objectives of its Strategic Plan are available for your review.
Below you will find reports to the University Academic Senate from its standing committees, as well as the UAS Newsletter. Additional information can be found on the Policies website, which is the authoritative location for policies approved by the University's Board of Trustees and President's Cabinet and certain other policies such as those contained in the Faculty Handbook and Student Code.
Please help us keep this site up-dated and accurate. If you have questions regarding the content of these pages, please contact the Chair or Vice Chair.
Below is a list of links related to faculty governance and the issues that concern professors as professionals on campus and around the world.
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) Peer Analysis System
- National Center for Higher Education Management Systems