Strategic Goals and Objectives
STRATEGIC GOALS / OBJECTIVES
Ensure Fair and Equitable workloads
- UAS will request an annual report from the Provost’s Office regarding the impact of the Faculty Workload and Rewards Policy.
- UAS will report annually to faculty regarding the progress toward equitable workloads.
- Because excellent teaching and active scholarship are the foundations of faculty and student life at Grand Valley, UAS will survey and report regarding the frequency, method, and use of re-assigned time.
Enhance Governance Effectiveness within the University
- UAS will survey faculty periodically to identify and generate long-term governance ideas and initiatives.
- At the last UAS meeting before changing membership Senators will help identify goals/activities for faculty governance during the upcoming academic year.
- Improve communication between governance and faculty by inviting new faculty members to meet with ECS each Winter.
- Improve and expand use of technology to support communication between and among faculty members and UAS.
Examine and Develop Governance Structures and Leadership
- Annually select ECS members to meet with chairs of standing committees to identify needed modifications to existing governance structures and report to ECS.
- Mentor UAS members for leadership succession. Executive Committee of the Senate University Academic Senate