LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Welcome to the Equity & Inclusion Committee
The role of the Equity and Inclusion Committee is to promote and facilitate faculty involvement in support of a healthy and equitable campus climate. The committee accomplishes its role by engaging in social justice and diversity issues on campus, including but not limited to:
- Advising UAS on policies and practices to recruit, support and retain a diverse faculty, staff, and student body (e.g., reviewing the Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis).
- Organizing and running events to promote awareness of the importance of social justice and campus diversity (e.g., the Teach-in).
- Identifying faculty for the various university awards related to diversity.
- Fostering faculty involvement in student recruitment and retention efforts(e.g., working with pipeline, bridge, student support, and curricular programs).
- Serving as a liaison with the Division of Inclusion and Equity and Student Senate Diversity Affairs Committee.