Teacher Internships in BCPS

Scholarships for GVSU Teacher Interns in Battle Creek Public Schools

*Limited scholarships are available. Click here for more information and to apply. 

Applications are due with Teacher Apprenticeship applications. (This provides time to coordinate Teacher Intern placements in Battle Creek Public Schools.)

  • All undergraduate CECI students in Elementary, Secondary, & Special Education programs and GTC students are encouraged to apply, regardless of their permanent and local addresses.
  • Online options for capstone courses are available.
  • Students will have the potential for expedited hiring for open teaching positions in Battle Creek Public Schools after graduation.

Scholarship Acceptance Form - Complete only after you have been notified of an internship placement within Battle Creek Public Schools.

Classroom doorway with teacher and students

Scholarship funding covers:                                                                                                                                

  • Tuition for up to 16 undergraduate credit hours
  • A stipend up to $4,300* to cover the following educational expenses:
    • $4,000 for housing
    • $200 for books
    • $100 for gas
      * Final stipend amounts can vary, depending on your overall financial aid package. Please be aware that final decisions about scholarship eligibility are determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.  All Financial Aid policies apply, including Satisfactory Academic Progress.
    • Your stipend will be sent to you in the form of a financial aid refund during the second week of your internship semester.  You can log in to myBanner and check your eBill to see what the amount of your refund will be. Details about the ways you can receive and use your refund are here.
    • Please be aware that if you register for more than 16 credit hours, your stipend will be applied toward your tuition first and any money that is remaining (if any) will be paid to you as part of your financial aid refund.
  • When searching and applying for housing, you can inform leasing offices that you will be receiving a scholarship to help pay for your housing expenses.  The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will have a link on their website that lets you request a Landlord Letter for this situation.  The letter will be emailed to your GVSU email account and it will state the estimated amount of your financial aid refund. If you need a letter before the link is on the website, you can request one by contacting the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at 1-800-748-0246 or finaid@gvsu.edu.
W.K. Kellogg Foundation Logo
Battle Creek Public Schools (BCPS) Logo
College of Education and Community Innovation

Page last modified March 10, 2022