Teacher Internships in BCPS
Scholarships for GVSU Teacher Interns in Battle Creek Public Schools
Applications are due with Teacher Apprenticeship applications. (This provides time to coordinate Teacher Intern placements in Battle Creek Public Schools.)
- All undergraduate CECI students in Elementary, Secondary, & Special Education programs and GTC students are encouraged to apply, regardless of their permanent and local addresses.
- Online options for capstone courses are available.
- Students will have the potential for expedited hiring for open teaching positions in Battle Creek Public Schools after graduation.
Scholarship Acceptance Form - Complete only after you have been notified of an internship placement within Battle Creek Public Schools.
Battle Creek Apartments - Information about housing options, how you will receive your funds, requesting landlord letters, etc.
Scholarship funding covers:
- Tuition for up to 16 undergraduate credit hours
- A stipend up to $4,300* to cover the following educational expenses:
- $4,000 for housing
- $200 for books
- $100 for gas
* Final stipend amounts can vary, depending on your overall financial aid package. Please be aware that final decisions about scholarship eligibility are determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. All Financial Aid policies apply, including Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your stipend will be sent to you in the form of a financial aid refund during the second week of your internship semester. You can log in to myBanner and check your eBill to see what the amount of your refund will be. Details about the ways you can receive and use your refund are here.