Teacher Internships in BCPS
Scholarships for GVSU Teacher Interns in Battle Creek Public Schools
*Limited scholarships are available and placements are not guaranteed. Scholarships are awarded based on the availability of a placement and a mentor teacher meeting individual certification requirements. Please see scholarship details in the blue box below.
Application - Applications for Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 internship scholarships are being accepted.
*Students can apply for both the Battle Creek Student Teaching Internship Scholarship and the MI Future Educator Stipend
Students will have the potential for expedited hiring for open teaching positions in Battle Creek Public Schools after graduation.
- First-year BCPS teachers also have the opportunity to be mentored by GVSU faculty for a full year!
Listen to current GVSU students and alumni who teach in Battle Creek Public Schools talk about their internship experiences
Scholarship funding covers:
- Tuition for up to 16 undergraduate credit hours
- A stipend up to $4,300* to cover the following educational expenses:
- $4,000 for housing
- $200 for books
- $100 for gas
* Final stipend amounts can vary, depending on your overall financial aid package. Please be aware that final decisions about scholarship eligibility are determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. All Financial Aid policies apply, including Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your stipend will be sent to you in the form of a financial aid refund during the second week of your internship semester. You can log in to myBanner and check your eBill to see what the amount of your refund will be. Details about the ways you can receive and use your refund are here.
- When searching and applying for housing, you can inform leasing offices that you will be receiving a scholarship to help pay for your housing expenses. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will have a link on their website that lets you request a Landlord Letter for this situation. If you need a letter before the link is on the website, you can request one by contacting the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at 1-800-748-0246 or [email protected].
Scholarship Acceptance Form - Complete only after you have been notified of an internship placement within Battle Creek Public Schools.
Battle Creek Apartments - Information about housing options, how you will receive your funds, requesting landlord letters, etc.
For more information, please contact Lamont Vines at [email protected].