About Us: University Counseling Center
To enhance the healthy development of our diverse GVSU community through prevention and education, psychological services, and consultation.
The University Counseling Center strives to be recognized by students as an essential resource for enhancing individual well-being and academic success and by the university community as a critical, integral factor in achieving the institutional mission. Characterized as dynamic, proactive, and innovative in responding to the needs of a diverse university community, the Center maintains highly competent staff, continually evolving service and training practices, and effective use of resources. Our values include endeavoring to model compassion, caring, and commitment in interactions within the Center, the University, and the broader community.
- We promote a culture of compassion, respect, and affirmation for diverse populations and perspectives.
- We recognize the relationship between mind, body, and spirit and the importance of self-care in maintaining personal health and emotional well-being.
- We embrace a community ethic, evidenced in consensual decision-making and mutual support promoting individual and organizational well-being.
- We support ongoing professional development as a critical factor in continually enhancing staff competence and the effectiveness of our training and service practices.
- We value collaborative, interdependent connections with other members of the university community.
STUDENT CENTERED OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
Learn more about our student-centered outcomes by accessing the report below.
Review where we are focusing our efforts. Access our strategic plan below.
A Year in Review
Access a snapshot of our utilization statistics below.
Meet our Staff
Our counselors have a wide variety of interests. Preview their profiles.