LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions
- You must use your full GVSU student email address and password to login
- Four (4) tickets per graduate
- Donated tickets will go into a pool and be made available on a date to be announced
- The ceremony will be broadcast live online.
- Additional information regarding the ceremony can be found on the Commencement website.
- Doors open one hour prior to the ceremony start time.
- Guests entering the venue must have a ticket.
- Be prepared to show your completed self-assessment prior to admission.
- Masks are required in all GVSU indoor facilities.
- E-tickets (on mobile phone) or printed tickets will be accepted.
- All seats are General Admission.
- Ticket not required for children under age of two.
Parking details will become available closer to the event.
We recommend allowing for extra travel time for delays due to heavy traffic, road construction, closures, or potential weather conditions that may impact travel. Please share this information with your guests as well.
The health and safety of our students and faculty, our campus, and our community are at the forefront of the Commencement planning process. Please continue to check this website for updates regarding Covid protocol details as it relates to Commencement.
Face coverings are required inside all campus buildings.
Should you need additional accommodations or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may use cameras and video cameras, however guests should take pictures from their seat. Access to the stage is restricted to those involved in the ceremony.
- A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate as they cross the stage.
- A DVD will be available for purchase of each ceremony, to order complete our Commencement DVD Order Form.
- Family and friends should establish a predetermined location to meet with their graduate following the ceremony.
- There is no written policy about cords. However, we do discourage the purchase of additional cords.
- The honor societies (with a required GPA) currently approved for cords are list on the Honors Recognition page.