For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Certificate of International Teaching Experience
The goal of this certificate program is to recognize the importance of preparing teachers to be culturally competent in a global society. This program will provide a tangible credential that will recognize the candidate's interest in preparing to teach in diverse populations in domestic or foreign settings through teaching experience abroad. Students must participate in a teaching abroad experience offered within the College of Education. This may be completed as Teacher Assisting or Student Teaching. The following experiences are currently offered:
- Teacher Assisting in South Africa
- Teacher Assisting in Spain
- Teacher Assisting/Student Teaching in Germany
- Student Teaching with COST program
Students interested in completing the Certificate of International Teaching Experience must meet with Dr. Sherie Klee to discuss the planned program.
- Program Type: The certificate of International Teaching Experience prepares completers to teach and articulate education topics in culturally diverse and international settings.
- Student Outcomes for International Teaching Certificate
To view the PDF Planned Program sheet, you will need to use Adobe Reader (using Adobe Reader prevents tab order errors and other inconveniences present in browser-based PDF readers).