Advising and Course Planning
Your academic advisors will encourage and support you as you develop the skills to succeed as a student and a future educator. They provide information about academic requirements, university resources, and opportunities to enrich the college experience and their personal lives.
To schedule an appointment with a College of Education advisor, contact the Student Information and Services Center:
Phone: (616) 331-6650
Connect with Your Advisor
- Meet with assigned College of Education advisor on a regular basis
- Understand GVSU requirements and those of the major/minor
- Be aware of application deadlines
- Review the class schedule each semester
Students will have three advisors:
- A College of Education faculty advisor
- A faculty advisor in the student's content area major
- A professional advisor in the CLAS Academic Advising Center
Transfer students follow the same dual advising process.