Research Opportunities for Cell and Molecular Biology
At Grand Valley State University, research, scholarship, and creative activity are essential components of the university's mission as an institution of higher learning. All Cell and Molecular Biology majors are required to do at least 3 credits of research; with the option to do more. To get started on your research process, please talk with your advisor.
Research Approval Process
To register for research credits, you need to:
- Fill out a short form in the CMB/BIO office (3300A KHS)
- The Graduate Program Diector will review for approval
- Register for CMB 499 through Banner, once you receive approval from the Program Director
- Fill out a form for the GVSU faculty member, if you are working with one, in order to fund supplies for research
1. Here with a GVSU faculty member (from a variety of departments),
2. With a mentor at the Van Andel Research Institute (VARI) or with MSU faculty housed at the Institute,
3. Elsewhere in the country (or world) through an established program (see the CMB website for suggestions), or
4. Via an internship situation you identify which is approved by GVSU.
Opportunities for Undergraduates
Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) is a 1-year program designed to help participants strengthen their candidacy for admission to the nation's strongest biomedical sciences Ph.D. programs.
Perrigo Undergraduate Fellowship Program The 2016 fellowship runs from June 13 to August 19. The application deadline is February 19.
Karmanos Cancer Institute Undergrad Summer Research Fellowship Paid Summer Internship. Due date is January 20, 2016. Details see Dr. Dawn Clifford Hart at email@example.com
Paid Summer Undergraduate Research Placements
Over 800 programs -- NSF REU, NASA and other paid summer research opportunities for undergrads
For Financial Support in Graduate School