LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Master of Science in Health Informatics and Bioinformatics
Overall requirements for the M.S. in health informatics and bioinformatics consist of 36 credits, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Consistent with Grand Valley policy, all courses must be completed within eight consecutive years from entry into the first graduate course.
Specific course requirements are included as follows.
Common Core Courses
Four courses are required (12 credits), including:
- CMB 610 - Foundations of Biotechnology (3 credits)
- CIS 661 - Introduction to Health and Bioinformatics (3 credits)
- PSM 650 - Ethics and Professionalism in Applied Science (3 credits)
- STA 610 - Applied Statistics for Health Professions (3 credits) OR STA 622 - Statistical Methods for Biologists (3 credits)
Two credits are required:
There are five directed courses (15 credits) required, including:
- CIS 635 - Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (3 credits)
- CIS 660 - Information Management and Science (3 credits)
- CIS 671 - Information Visualization (3 credits)
AND choose one group from the following two-course sequences:
AND one of the following:
- PA 630 - Health Administration and Service (3 credits)
- PA 635 - Hospital Organization and Management (3 credits)
Four credits are required:
Three credits are required: