2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Digital Forensics Fundamentals
The School of Computing's digital forensics fundamentals badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Develop a framework for computer network forensics analysis
- Develop a framework for mobile device forensics analysis
- Apply tools and techniques to cyber forensic investigations and examinations
- Apply tools and techniques to proper evidence preservation and collection in Windows- and Linux-based systems
- Differentiate types of computer crimes, cyber threats, and digital evidence
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of knowledge of operating systems and computer networking are required for admission.
The badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
The badge is comprised of one course (three credits).
Students must take: