2023-2024 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Digital Forensics Fundamentals
The School of Computing's digital forensics fundamentals badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students to accomplish the following:
- Develop a framework for computer network forensics analysis
- Develop a framework for mobile device forensics analysis
- Apply tools and techniques to cyber forensic investigations and examinations
- Apply tools and techniques to proper evidence preservation and collection in Windows- and Linux-based systems
- Differentiate types of computer crimes, cyber threats, and digital evidence
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of knowledge of operating systems and computer networking are required for admission.
Classes are offered fully online, in a hybrid format, or in-person in the late afternoon or evening in downtown Grand Rapids.
The badge is comprised of one course (three credits).
Students must take: