2022-2023 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Badge in Cybersecurity
The School of Computing's cybersecurity badge (not a degree or certificate) is designed to prepare students in the following areas:
- Analyzing risk, using a variety of risk evaluation techniques.
- Discussing legal and ethical issues related to information security.
- Securing a network against attack.
- Applying principles of ethical hacking to harden an operating system.
- Applying tools and techniques to cyber forensic investigations and examinations
- Describing software vulnerabilities.
The cybersecurity badge is comprised of three courses (nine credits).
Completion of a bachelor's degree and evidence of object-oriented programming skills are required for admission.
The cybersecurity badge is offered on the Pew Grand Rapids Campus in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
And two of the following: