2020-2021 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Digital Micro Master's Badge in Emerging Leadership
The digital Micro-Master's badge in emerging leadership is designed to prepare emerging leaders for the challenges they will experience as they gain greater levels of responsibility. The badge (not a degree or certificate) will prepare students for success as:
- Effective leaders: Students will learn how to influence others based on their own leadership style and the fundamentals of effective leadership at the supervisory level.
- Integrative thinkers: An understanding of how all the different functions in a firm fit together as a whole.
- Strategic analyzers: Students will be able to provide strategic recommendations to specific organizational problems.
Completion of a bachelor's degree is required for admission. Strong preference will be given to candidates with at least three years of experience and company support.
Contact for admissions/inquiries:
- Seidman Graduate Services Office: gvsu.edu/seidmangrad
- Assistant Dean, Student Engagement and Graduate Program Operations: Koleta Moore.
The digital badge is cohort based, comprised of five courses (14 credits), and concludes with an applied project that is part of the coursework.
Students must complete the following (14 credits):
- BUS 501 - Self-Management for Leaders (2 credits)
- BUS 502 - Operational Alignment for Leaders (2.5 credits)
- BUS 503 - Leading and Empowering Teams (2.5 credits)
- BUS 504 - Essentials of Enterprise Leadership (3.5 credits)
- BUS 505 - Implementing Principles of Strategic Leadership (3.5 credits)
In addition to courses, students will participate in coaching and professional mentoring. One-on-one coaching is designed for students' professional development and is not an internship. This will be done with industry mentors who will be available for the duration of the program; students will be able to collaborate with them for professional networking and guidance. The mentors will be arranged by the Seidman College of Business and will be available for guidance and coaching for about five hours during completion of the 14 credits.