LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
2016-2017 Undergraduate & Graduate Catalog
Bachelor of Business Administration in Operations Management
This major is designed to prepare a student in the technical and strategic aspects of producing goods and services. Operations management involves the application of managerial, quantitative, and computer skills to areas of lean, six-sigma, ERP, inventory management, forecasting and scheduling, with the goal of giving students the tools to effectively manage service and manufacturing operations. SAP, the enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, and other software packages, are integrated into the majority of the operations management courses.
Requirements for the B.B.A.
All business core courses acquaint you with various fields in business and help you learn to communicate, to interact, and to assume responsible positions in your chosen field.
For a major in business administration, you must complete the following courses:
- ACC 212 - Principles of Financial Accounting Credits: 3
- ACC 213 - Principles of Managerial Accounting Credits: 3
- BUS 201 - Legal Environment for Business Credits: 3
- BOTH ECO 210 - Introductory Macroeconomics Credits: 3 AND ECO 211 - Introductory Microeconomics (3 credits) OR ECO 200 - Business Economics (3 credits)
- Upper-division economics course (not ECO 490) Credits: 3
- FIN 320 - Managerial Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 268 - Business Processes and Management Information Systems Credits: 3
- MGT 331 - Concepts of Management Credits: 3
- MGT 366 - Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 495 - Administrative Policy Credits: 3
- MKT 350 - Marketing Management Credits: 3
Students are required to select one class from the following list. This course may count toward the major or minor if applicable.
- ACC 333 - Corporate Governance and Accounting Ethics Credits: 3
- ECO 440 - Public Economics and Ethics Credits: 3
- FIN 330 - Ethics in Finance Credits: 3
- MGT 340 - Ethics and Business, Social Justice and Sustainability Credits: 3
- MGT 438 - Business Ethics Credits: 3
- MKT 375 - Marketing Ethics Credits: 3
Required Business Electives
Three upper-division Seidman courses are not applied to the major or minor (nine credits total). However, these courses can be applied toward a second business major.
Students may elect nonbusiness or business courses to fulfill their elective course requirements. Students may apply up to six hours of internship and independent research credit, in any combination, toward their degree requirements. Business majors may not take any of the major courses, except the internship, on a credit/no credit basis.
Business core and the following:
- MGT 361 - Management Science Credits: 3
- MGT 362 - Computers in Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 367 - Manufacturing Planning and Control Credits: 3
- CIS 150 - Introduction to Computing Credits: 3
- STA 215 - Introductory Applied Statistics Credits: 3
Quantitative Group - Chose One:
- MTH 122 - College Algebra Credits: 3
- MTH 125 - Survey of Calculus Credits: 3
- MTH 201 - Calculus I Credits: 4
- PHI 103 - Logic Credits: 3
And two of the following courses:
- MGT 363 - Managing Quality Credits: 3
- MGT 364 - Service Operations Management Credits: 3
- MGT 365 - Strategic Management of Operations Credits: 3
Plus two of the following courses:
- MGT 337 - Supply Chain Management Credits: 3
- MGT 466 - International Management and Multinational Corporations Credits: 3
- MGT 467 - Advanced Topics in Operations and Supply Chain Management Credits: 3
- MKT 457 - Logistics and Transportation Credits: 3