My favorite GV memory was studying abroad with the HTM program in Italy!
Hospitality Tourism Management Career Guide
Past Internship Sites:
- American Pavilion
- Stafford Hospitality
- Insomnia Cookies
- CID Entertainment
- Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area
- Marché du Film – Festival de Cannes
- Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity
- JW Marriott Grand Rapids
- Amway Grand Plaza
- San Chez Restaurants, Inc.
Where Alumni Have Landed
- Front Office Manager – Delta Hotels by Marriott
- Conference Services Manager – Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa
- Service Coordinator – Kohler Co.
- Board of Directors Member/Social Media Coordinator – Michigan Cares for Tourism
- Front Office Supervisor – Delta by Marriott
- Front Desk Agent – JW Marriott Grand Rapids
- New Holland Brewing Company – Catering Manager/Restaurant Manager
- Visitor Concierge – Experience Grand Rapids
- Assistant General Manager – CityFlatsHotel
- Communications Coordinator – Skytron
- Membership Experience Supervisor – YMCA of the USA
- Staffing Coordinator – A+ Staffin Inc.
- FOH Manager – Littlebird
- Front Office Supervisor – Amway Grand Plaza, A Curio Collection by Hilton
Student Organizations to Consider
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Club
- American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Meeting Professionals International
- National Society of Minorities in Hospitality
- Parks, Adventure, & Recreation Club
- Professional Convention Management Association
Study Abroad Programs
As the tourism industry rapidly grows to the benefit of travelers and the communities they visit alike, the need for professionals in the field with strong cross-cultural communication skills and an understanding of diverse cultures and people grows exponentially. The international experiences that complement a degree in Hospitality & Tourism Management are within your reach through study abroad at GVSU. In addition to providing you with a once-in-a-lifetime experience, study abroad can enhance your career options and set you apart from other job seekers down the line.