Iota Tau Alpha - Lambda Chapter
What is the purpose of Iota Tau Alpha?
The Purpose of Iota Tau Alpha (ITA) Athletic Training Education Honor Society is the promotion and encouragement of scholarly activity in athletic training and the recognition of outstanding achievement among students enrolled in athletic training programs. Iota Tau Alpha activities stimulate interest, scholarly attainment, and investigation in Athletic Training Education, and to promote the dissemination of information among students of Athletic Training Education
The purpose of this organization shall be to provide peer support to fellow students in the Athletic Training Major, promote the profession of athletic training through volunteer and fundraising events, and earn the respect of fellow GVSU students and the surrounding community.
- The membership of Iota Tau Alpha shall consist of any interested student currently enrolled at GVSU. It is the policy of GVSU and ITA that no person on the basis of age, color, disability, familial status, height, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight shall be discriminated against.
- Membership Expectations: All members shall be students enrolled at GVSU interested in the Athletic Training Major.
- A membership fee of $20.00 per semester will be paid by regular and associate members.
- Students will need to acquire 7 points a semester. Points may be obtained through attendance of meetings/socials, volunteering, and help with fundraising activities.
- M.A.T.S. Student Seminar
- M.A.T.S. Annual Conference
- G.L.A.T.A. Annual Conference
- N.A.T.A. Annual Conference
- Various Other Local Professional Development/Continuing Education Opportunities
- Monthly club dinners
- Intramural sports teams (volleyball, soccer, flag football)
- Study sessions
- Game nights
- Grand Rapids Griffin’s ticket sales
- Special Olympics
- Gazelle Girl
- Forest of Fear
- Woods Scholarship Dinner Donation Collection
ITA Executive Board:
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Brian Hatzel
- President: Alex Graham
- President-Elect: Camryn Lound
- Vice President: Open for Election
- Treasurer: Beth Weizeorick
- Secretary: Lacy Jajko
- Social Chair: Abby Willock
- Fundraiser Chair: Open for Election
- Undergraduate Representative: Lauren Schafer