LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Certificate in Applied Anthropology
Those interested in the Certificate in Applied Anthropology (C.A.A.) must:
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program at GVSU
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA overall
- Find an Anthropology faculty member to serve as an advisor
- Submit a written application to the department by October 15 (fall) / April 15 (winter).
Learn more about Student Learning Outcomes
Once admitted, a student must take:
- ANT 400 - Ethnographic Methods (3 cr)
- ANT 490 - Practicum: Career Service (6 cr)
- ANT 420 - Applied Anthropology (3 cr)
- One elective in an area of specialty
Students must be degree seeking students to receive the certificate. The certificate will be awarded at the same time as the degree is awarded. All undergraduate certificates have received Higher Learning Commission approval, and students are eligible for financial aid because they are seeking a degree.