Online flexible support from the GVSU Writing Center
- Email consultations are available for graduate students, students taking online or hybrid classes, or student at Muskegon, Traverse City, and Holland Campuses.
- Google Doc Consultations are available to all GVSU students and recreates the face-to-face consultation online. You must be logged in to Google and present in order to receive help. Share your document with email@example.com. This service is available Monday-Wednesday 8pm-12am.
- Handouts, for easy-to-understand explanations of punctuation marks, style guides, and writing techniques to help you revise and proofread your work effectively.
- Links to web sites that can help you write specific kinds of documents (business letters, for example), document sources effectively according to various style guides, or better understand punctuation and grammar rules.
Free Tutoring of all subjects
- Tutoring is committed to providing tutoring to all Grand Valley students in most 100- and 200-level courses.
- Structured Learning Assistance (SLA) is an academic support program that is available to all interested students. SLA features weekly study and practice workshops in which students master course content to develop and apply specific learning strategies for the course.
- Mathematics Tutoring Center and Statistics Tutoring Center are components of the Mathematics Department.
- Science Success Center (SSC) is a free walk-in service (no appointment needed) where facilitators provide one-on-one as well as group tutoring for Grand Valley students.
IT and Blackboard Resources
How to Take a Test in Blackboard
How to Submit an Assignment in Blackboard