New Student Orientation
Welcome to Grand Valley State University! Your next step in becoming a Laker is to schedule your Orientation session. This session will give you the opportunity to meet with an advisor and register for your classes. We look forward to seeing you!
Orientation dates will be available soon for students starting in
Spring, Summer, or Fall 2023.
The orientation fee is $95
If you are having difficulty paying the orientation fee, please contact the Admissions Office at (616) 331-2025 or at [email protected].
Fee is fully refundable up to May 1, 2023.
Please review the information available below prior to your Orientation session.
PREPARING FOR YOUR SESSION
- Submitted your Housing contract and deposit?
- Filed your FAFSA?
- Reviewed your Financial Aid award?
- Considered the First-Year Learning Community?
- Taken a tour of the Allendale campus?
- Posted a photo in your favorite GVSU gear with the hashtag #GVSUBound on Instagram?
- Gotten your COVID-19 Vaccination?
Review our Admitted Freshman Student Checklist for additional important next steps and deadlines.
All students, faculty, and staff at GVSU are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless approved for an exemption or postponement. Students must record their vaccination status or apply for an exemption online. Our Lakers Together website provides additional information about current COVID-19 protocols and requirements.