LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Statistics, B.A., B.S.
Statistics is the science dedicated to the collection, organization, analysis, and interpretation of data. With the development of technology, the collection of data has become ubiquitous, and it is vitally important that there are educated people to make sense of such large amounts of data.
Those who major in statistics get experience and receive training in verbal and written communication skills, which are essential in today's society. Students learn the theory and application of statistical methods and get hands-on experience analyzing real-life data. Numerous minors in statistics, as well as graduate degrees in applied statistics and biostatistics, are also available.
Why Study Statistics at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members who are experts in the field pay close personal attention to students.
- Opportunities exist for students to work collaboratively with faculty members on a variety of research initiatives.
- The coursework ensures widespread application of statistical methods and hands-on experience with analyzing real-life data.
- Students have access to an extensive list of undergraduate courses where they can learn about the branches of statistical methodology.
- The program boasts a nearly 100-percent placement rate into work or graduate school.