Psychology, B.A., B.S.
Psychology is the science of mind and behavior. This basic and applied science includes the study of thought, action, and emotion. Psychologists study how people influence and interact with one another, how they develop, and the role that biological mechanisms play in psychological processes.
The Department of Psychology offers a psychology major and minor.
Why Study Psychology at Grand Valley?
- Faculty members have diverse interests and training that cover the field of psychology with both breadth and depth, so there are a wide range of courses available in the curriculum.
- Offering a high quality, student-oriented education is the focus in psychology.
- Students are immersed in an atmosphere of inquiry, integrity, engagement, community, curiosity, and creativity among peers, staff, and faculty.
- There are opportunities for advanced undergraduate psychology students to work closely with a faculty member on research. There are also internship opportunities to work with organizations outside the university.
- Students have many study abroad opportunities to choose from.