LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Photography, B.A., B.S.
The program encompass the history, critical and aesthetic theory, and varied practice of photography as a medium of visual communication and expression in culture and society.
The photography program offers high-quality, student-centered, production and theory courses aimed at developing liberally educated professionals able to thoughtfully adapt and thrive in a variety of professional and creative environments.
A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree is offered. A minor is also available.
Why Study Photography at Grand Valley?
- A dedication to the education of intelligent image-makers that is neither constrained in a vocational training program, nor a narrow studio art emphasis alone, is what makes the photography program at Grand Valley distinct and valued in the state and region.
- The school has many ties with business, community, and cultural organizations, and has contacts with experts in a variety of areas in communications, which serve as outstanding resources both within the classroom and for internships.
- The diversity of courses offered allows students the opportunity to explore a variety of photographic methods and applications as they develop their personal expertise and interests.
- The program prepares students to engage graduate studies in fine art programs.
- Faculty members in photography have a broad range of professional experience and a dedication to teaching.