LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Nursing B.S.N., Accelerated Second Degree
The Kirkhof College of Nursing (KCON) Accelerated Second Degree Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program at Grand Valley State University is designed for individuals who have earned a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university and wish to pursue a career in professional nursing.
The undergraduate curriculum is based on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing's (AACN) Baccalaureate Essentials. It focuses on the student's role development as a provider of care, a designer/manager/coordinator of care, and a member of the profession.
Students are prepared to provide nursing interventions for individuals, families, and communities at a beginning, generalist level and will complete four semesters of clinical coursework.
For more on the accelerated program, visit gvsu.edu/kcon.
Why Study Nursing at Grand Valley?
- Learning from exceptional faculty invested in student success.
- Experienced academic advisors supporting you at every step.
- Individual program plans co-created with your advisor.
- Relevant clinical practicums arranged for you.
- State-of-the-art technology for teaching and learning.
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, ccneaccreditation.org.