Integrative Studies, B.A., B.S.
Integrative studies majors are passionate doers and critical thinkers. No one course of study is the same. Our faculty will help you create a one-of-a-kind experience that provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to find innovative solutions to real-world, complex problems and become a leader in your profession, community, and the world.
Students work closely with more than 20 full-time, nationally-award winning faculty members to chart their unique path toward a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- CORE: (18 credits) Build an interdisciplinary foundation of study rich in liberal education, ethics and critical thinking.
- AREA OF FOCUS : (18 credits) Investigate and engage in real-world problems and solutions.
- ELECTIVES: (9 credits) Integrate courses with career goals.
- INTERNSHIP/PRACTICUM: (2-6 credits) Apply theory to life outside the classroom.
- CAPSTONE: (3 credits) Design a thesis project connecting area of focus with a research question or problem.
Why Choose Integrative Studies at Grand Valley?
- Create an individualized course of study in partnership with an advisor, drawing from courses across the university, resulting in more than 300 majors.
- Flexible degree pathways for traditional and adult learners with course formats designed to fit your busy schedule. Plus, many transfer courses count toward degree completion.
- Gain real-world work experience while creating networking opportunities that result in job connections.
- Strengthen intercultural and interpersonal skills through collaboration, problem-solving, leadership training, and adaptation.
- High-touch, place-based experiential learning opportunities on all of GVSU's campuses - Traverse City, Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Allendale.