LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Integrative Studies, B.A., B.S.
Integrative studies majors are passionate doers and critical thinkers. No one course of study is the same. Our faculty will help you create a one-of-a-kind experience that provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to find innovative solutions to real-world, complex problems and become a leader in your profession, community, and the world.
Students work closely with more than 20 full-time, nationally-award winning faculty members to chart their unique path toward a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- CORE: (18 credits) Build an interdisciplinary foundation of study rich in liberal education, ethics and critical thinking.
- AREA OF FOCUS : (18 credits) Investigate and engage in real-world problems and solutions.
- ELECTIVES: (9 credits) Integrate courses with career goals.
- INTERNSHIP/PRACTICUM: (1-6 credits) Apply theory to life outside the classroom.
- CAPSTONE: (3 credits) Design a thesis project connecting area of focus with a research question or problem.
Why Choose Integrative Studies at Grand Valley?
- Create an individualized course of study in partnership with an advisor, drawing from courses across the university, resulting in more than 300 majors.
- Flexible degree pathways for traditional and adult learners with course formats designed to fit your busy schedule. Plus, many transfer courses count toward degree completion.
- Gain real-world work experience while creating networking opportunities that result in job connections.
- Strengthen intercultural and interpersonal skills through collaboration, problem-solving, leadership training, and adaptation.
- High-touch, place-based experiential learning opportunities on all of GVSU's campuses - Traverse City, Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Allendale.