LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Health Communication, B.A., B.S.
Health communication involves highly skilled, educated, technical professionals relaying information to consumers, health care providers, and other stakeholders. Skilled health communication professionals have become central to the success of the health care industry, including its success in maintaining wellness and conquering disease.
Health Communication is one of four undergraduate majors offered by Grand Valley's School of Communications. Students take courses in the health communication core and biomedical sciences. The curriculum features a variety of topics and an experiential approach to learning.
Why Study Health Communication at Grand Valley?
- The program emphasizes a broad understanding of the field combined with a solid knowledge of specific technical skills.
- Students learn critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with an emphasis on learning-by-doing.
- Students frequently participate in creative performances, exhibitions, and publications related to their chosen major field of study.
- State-of-the-art facilities support current and emergent technologies and enhance student competence.
- Internships are available in a variety of professional work settings.