Database Fundamentals graduate badge
The School of Computing now offers graduate-level digital badges. A digital badge, or simply "badge," recognizes your completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge allows you to promote academic achievements online more effectively and in different venues than with a transcript.
The School of Computing's database fundamentals badge is not a degree or certificate. Completion of a bachelor's degree, and evidence of some programming skill is required for admission.
The database fundamentals badge provides students with a basic understanding of relational database principles and provides an introduction to relational database fundamental topics such as tables, fields, keys, and relations. The badge will strengthen the skills of software developers whose programs interact with a database. It also builds the skills of anyone wanting to manage data in a database.
Why Earn a Digital Badge at Grand Valley?
- Badges document knowledge, skills, and competencies you've gained through various learning and professional development opportunities.
- Pursuing a badge, either in continuing education or while completing a degree, can enhance your education.
- Digital badges can be displayed on social media, websites, and in emails.
- Completing a badge is an opportunity for you to highlight particularly marketable and desirable skills to potential employers.
- It is offered in convenient formats for you to choose from: online, face to face, or hybrid.
- The class is flexible, focused, and small, so you will get the most out of the instruction.