Physical Education, B.S.
The Department of Movement Science serves the diverse preprofessional needs of students who are accepted as majors in physical education. The program is designed specifically for the preparation of teachers.
Physical education majors receive a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in physical education with the emphasis in K-12 professional instruction and a minor in school health education.
Why Study Physical Education at Grand Valley?
- In addition to a strong foundation in liberal arts, the major program provides students with a broad theoretical and conceptual foundation for professional preparation.
- The combination of the core curriculum plus one or more areas of emphasis is intended to accommodate the diverse professional preparation needs of undergraduate students.
- Opportunities for students to complete fieldwork and student
teaching, prepares them for the professional workplace.
- Personal attention by faculty in your courses and field
experiences in student oriented, teaching focused program.
- Financial Aid
- Study Abroad
- Course Catalog
- Education, General Programs
- Physical Education Programs
For More InformationDepartment of Movement Science
Location & Format
Undergraduate students in this major study at Grand Valleys Allendale Campus.
The goal of the core curriculum is to provide students with a broad theoretical and conceptual foundation for teaching health and physical education in schools. The curriculum is designed to provide the necessary skills to become a certified teacher.
Career opportunities include positions as:
- Camp directors
- Physical & school health educators
- Recreational leaders
- Sport administrators
- Youth sport activity leaders
“I have been provided with so many resources, and received so many opportunities to help me get started and advance in a career. There's such a good community of professors and students at Grand Valley who have helped instill confidence in me, and helped me feel assured that I’ll be able to succeed after college.”
PHYSICAL EDUCATION MAJOR