Education, Online/Blended Instruction graduate certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Online/Blended Instruction and assessment provides K-12 teachers (and those in higher education and the private sector) with knowledge and skills necessary to successfully teach and assess learning in online or hybrid/blended environments. The graduate certificate is designed for
- Professionals who seek knowledge and expertise teaching in online or blended settings
- Faculty in higher education who seek knowledge and expertise teaching in online or hybrid settings
- Corporate trainers or instructors interested in developing and implementing web-based, online instruction
Interested students should contact their advisor or the graduate educational technology program director.
- Students must apply for admission and be accepted into the College of Education graduate program in educational technology, another GVSU graduate degree program, or already hold a Master's or terminal degree to acquire the proposed graduate certificate.
- Students must meet the guidelines for certificates as indicated in the Graduate Studies Policies and Procedures Manual.
Deadline for fall semester is May 15; winter deadline is September 15; spring/summer deadline is February 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Grand Valley State University provides an environment that allows students to successfully complete their education and obtain thriving careers. The gainful employment regulation requires certificate programs to meet minimum thresholds with respect to the debt-to-income rates of their graduates. GVSU is engaged with the community to prepare the students for real life experiences, which allow for gainful employment.
For More InformationCollege of Education
401 W. Fulton St, Building C
Location & FormatFace to face courses are scheduled during the day and are offered at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Format: Face To Face
The graduate certificate in online/blended instruction consists of the following four course sequence (12 credits, 3 credits each):
- EDT 635 - Instructional Systems Design
- EDT 629 - Online Instructional Design/Development
- EDT 684 - Field Experience
- EDT 636 - Assessment of Online/Blended Learning