Education, Online/Blended Instruction graduate certificate
The graduate certificate in Online/Blended Instruction and Assessment provides K-12 teachers, those in higher education and the private sector, with knowledge and skills necessary to successfully design, develop, teach and assess learning in online or hybrid/blended environments. The graduate certificate is designed for
- Professionals who seek knowledge and expertise teaching in online or blended settings;
- Faculty in higher education who seek knowledge and expertise teaching in online or hybrid settings; and
- Corporate trainers or instructors interested in developing and implementing web-based, online instruction.
Interested students should contact their advisor or the graduate educational technology program director.
- Students must apply for admission and be accepted into the College of Education graduate program in educational technology, another GVSU graduate degree program, or already hold a Master's or terminal degree to acquire the proposed graduate certificate.
- Students must meet the guidelines for certificates as indicated in the Graduate Studies Policies and Procedures Manual.
For More InformationCollege of Education
401 W. Fulton St, Building C
Deadline for fall semester is May 15; winter deadline is September 15; spring/summer deadline is February 15. Early application is strongly encouraged, those received after the deadline will be considered for the next cycle. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format: Hybrid
The graduate certificate in online/blended instruction consists of the following four course sequence (12 credits, 3 credits each):
- EDT 635 - Instructional Systems Design
- EDT 629 - Online Instructional Design/Development
- EDT 684 - Field Experience
- EDT 636 - Assessment of Online/Blended Learning