Effective management of finance is critical to the successful management of any business. It is a very interesting and dynamic field that affects all areas of business and many areas of personal life.
The Seidman College of Business at Grand Valley offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in finance. This program aims to provide students with the understanding of financial concepts. Majors gain specialization in a specific field of finance by taking advanced courses in that area. Study abroad opportunities also prepare students for a global society.
Gary L. Tilkin Financial Markets Center
The center provides students with experiential learning opportunities utilizing data bases, such as CRSP, Compustat, S&P Capital IQ, and application-based exercises.
Why Study Finance at Grand Valley?
- All courses are taught by faculty who have strong academic credentials and are experts in the field.
- Smaller class sizes allow you and the faculty to interact and get to know each other.
- Current technology (Excel®, financial simulation, etc.) are used in the classroom and are integrated into courses.
- A Finance Internship Expo is conducted every year to avail internship opportunities. Internships allow students to earn money and gain valuable business experience.
- The active portfolio management course offers students the opportunity to manage a stock portfolio of over $250,000. This offers real world application of the finance curriculum.
- Seidman Investment Portfolio Organization (IPO), a finance student organization, manages a stock portfolio of over $50,000. It is completely managed by students, giving them valuable expertise in portfolio management.
- A campus in the heart of an exciting business environment in downtown Grand Rapids.
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Avenue SW
Location & Format
Aside from the business core, students study a variety of topics, including:
- Financial modeling
- International finance
- Portfolio management
This program is designed to provide careers in:
- Corporate finance
- Financial institutions
- Financial planning
- Private equity
“When interviewing for an employer with which to partner for my career, GVSU was highly respected. The education that I received provided a valuable base and enticed me to continue learning throughout life.”