For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Management with Management Information Systems emphasis, B.B.A.
To lead others in a world of constant change and intense competition, you need a management major. The MIS emphasis provides students with an understanding of concepts, principles, and techniques to design, develop, and implement enterprise information systems. These specialized skills equip students with a strong technical background, but emphasizes the business knowledge and analytical skills necessary in today's business environment.
- Understand the integrated cross-functional nature of business processes.
- Configure key business processes in an enterprise system.
- Investigate data analysis methods to support business decision making.
- Experience using enterprise software (SAP® ERP) to execute business processes.
- Explore various business intelligence tools to visualize and interpret data.
Why Study Management Information Systems at Grand Valley?
- The program is well regarded and offers highly marketable skills.
- Current and emerging technologies are integrated into courses to provide unique experiential learning.
- Faculty members have a combination of academic accomplishment and professional experience and represent a variety of backgrounds in the field.
- Local and international companies recruit students from the program for paid internships and entry-level positions.
- Financial Aid
- Study Abroad
- Course Catalog
- Information Systems Programs
- Management Programs
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Avenue SW
3057 L. William Seidman Center
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Location & Format
Visit the online catalog, catalog.gvsu.edu, for coursework options in the management major.
Graduates from the MIS emphasis have a wide variety of opportunities for employment in different fields. They have had success working locally and nationally as:
- Business intelligence developers
- Business systems analysts
- Business technology consultants
- Information technology/business integrators
“The hands-on exercises have provided me with real-world experience by linking technology and the business processes together.”
MANAGEMENT MAJOR, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS EMPHASIS