Registered Student Organization Handbook
Benefits and Privileges
Registered student organizations will be granted the following benefits and privileges when approved by the Student Organization Review Board.
- Eligibility to use university facilities as established by university policy.
- Eligibility to sponsor activities and promote those activities
- Eligibility to receive reduced advertising rates in campus publications and free campus notices (according to guidelines) in the Lanthorn.
- Eligibility to distribute literature, flyers, posters, banners, and organizational material according to the university policy.
- Eligibility to use university services and resources such as purchasing, printing, maintenance, computer services, technology, mail services (bulk mail, etc.) and Central Stores, as established by university policy.
- Eligibility to receive assistance and advisement from the Office of Student Life & Student Organization Center.
- Eligibility to receive awards and honors presented to university organizations and members.
- Eligibility to be listed in university and Student Life publications, including the Student Life web page and the university catalogue.
- Eligibility to participate in university events such as Campus Life Night, MAX It Out!, Homecoming, etc.
- Eligibility for faculty and staff advisors to receive training and consultation from the Office of Student Life.
- Eligibility to solicit funds on campus through programs and fundraisers. These activities need appropriate approval through the fundraising form.
- Eligibility to apply for funding from the Student Life Fund through the Student Senate Funding Boards according to established Student Senate policies and procedures.
- Eligibility to host large campus programs larger than 50 people.
- Eligibility to use the SOC and all the SOC resources.
Page last modified October 16, 2013