Registration & Renewal
The registration and renewal process for student organizations is conducted on-line via Orgsync. Complete information about the registration process is available at gvsu.edu/studentorg. The president of the organization is responsible for registering the organization and must provide the following information at the time of registration:
- Name of the organization (Cannot include "GVSU")
- Organization statement of purpose
- Request web site address for the organization through OrgSync (optional)
- Name of campus advisor, e-mail address of the advisor
- Names and e-mail addresses of the officers of the organization
- Request for access to an email account (if applicable)
- Self -select the general category type for the organization to classify the type of organization (final category classification will be determined by the Student Organization Review Board).
- The constitution of the organization
The officer and member agreement clarifies the operating procedures for student organizations and their officers. Students in leadership positions are responsible for knowing and abiding by various university policies and regulations. Personal information will be submitted from the members, the officers, and the advisor at the time of registration. Information provided will be accessible by staff administrators.
NOTE: Organizations that have not been registered in the past may register at any time during the regular academic year, but must complete the registration process in one month.
Every organization must renew at the beginning of each academic year. This allows organizations to update rosters and officer information. This process is done online via Orgsync.
Each group must complete the required registration process on OrgSync provided by the deadline date established for each academic year. Failure to register by the deadline will result in loss of recognition and the loss of privileges accorded to RSO's. It is recommended that organizations complete the registration process as early as possible to avoid the possibility of losing privileges