Export-Import Bank of the United States
Van Andel Global Trade Center (VAGTC) has actively promoted the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM Bank) since 2005, connecting Michigan exporters with access to information and assistance on the export finance programs of EXIM Bank.
EXIM Bank has been in operation for over seventy years, as an independent U.S. government agency that helps finance the sale of U.S. exports, primarily to emerging markets throughout the world by providing loans, guarantees, and insurance.
As Michigan's only EXIM Bank Regional Export Promotion Program (REPP) member, VAGTC is here to help local businesses learn about and apply for a range of EXIM Bank financing products. Among its other services, the Center also offers global trade education and training, market analysis, and assistance in developing export strategies.
Michigan EXPORTERS supported by EXIM:
- 238 Total Exporters Shipping $11 Billion in Total Value
- 177 Small Business
- 11 Minority Owned
- 11 Women Owned
- 3 Renewable Energy
- 8 Environmentally Beneficial
- $4B - Total Insured Shipments, Guaranteed Credit or Disbursed Loan Amount
Would You Open The Box?
If you had a box that contained all of the tools needed to make your business successful, wouldn't you open it? EXIM is here to help American businesses like yours succeed abroad.
U.S. Export - Import Bank Releases 2015 Annual Report
A few highlights from the 2015 EXIM Annual Report:
- EXIM support 109,000 American jobs.
- EXIM supported $17 billion in exports at no cost to American taxpayers.
- EXIM supported more than $3.1 billion of exports from U.S. small businesses.
- Nearly 90% of transactions directly supported U.S. small businesses.
- EXIM Bank had a default rate of 0.235 % as of Sept. 30, 2015
- Remitted $431.6 million to the U.S. Treasury for debt reduction.
To review full 2015 EXIM annual report click here. https://www.exim.gov/sites/default/files/reports/annual/EXIM-2015-AR.pdf