Who we are:
University Communications is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
- Social Media Management and Consultation
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, UComm will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
University Communications products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNext: The university's online newsroom and information source, which includes daily campus news reports, a daily newsletter, and multimedia news features. GVNext is also the home to stories about the Laker Effect.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: UComm produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- For marketing planning, website development, print pieces, copy style guide or advertising, please contact Institutional Marketing.
Pent-up demand has brought local economic statistics back closer to break-even, said Brian Long.
Campus Dining changes adhere to CDC and state guidelines and health department recommendations.
Several camps are offering virtual opportunities for K-12 students.
More than 100 companies are listed online in the new Alumni Owned Business directory.
President Mantella energized the GVSU community to shape the university as a leader in education.