LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Internships and Research Experiences
How do I start the process?
Your First STEP - contact the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship https://www.gvsu.edu/ours/.or the Office of Fellowships https://www.gvsu.edu/fellowships/ and set up an appointment to begin the conversation.
This page will bring you just a small amount of what opportunities are available for you. Research Opportunities can also be found in the Student Opportunity Center database on the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship https://www.gvsu.edu/ours website. For questions or help in preparing materials for research please contact their office at (616) 331-8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for shadowing opportunities click here https://www.gvsu.edu/triostem/internships-and-research-experiences-12.htm#shadowing
Please scroll down the whole page as you look for possible opportunities.
There are opportunities from emails we receive, conferences, organizations and more. Each area will be titled by where we received the research opportunities from.
Make sure to check back regularly as new opportunities are listed regularly.
- Advancing Chicanos/Hispanics and Native American in Science (SACNAS) Website https://opportunitiesboard.sacnas.org/jobseeker/search/results/
- Louis Stokes Midwest Center of Excellence (LSMCE) https://lsmce.org/pathways/
- National Science Foundation Internships https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.jsp
- GVSU Department of Mathematics https://www.gvsu.edu/math/jobs-and-internships-mathematics-34.htm
- American Mathematical Society http://www.ams.org/programs/students/emp-reu
- The University of Texas at Austin - Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology https://icmb.utexas.edu/about/summer-undergraduate-research
- From the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship https://www.gvsu.edu/ours/ours-programs-631.htm
- Eli Lilly and Company Intern Programs https://careers.lilly.com/student-opportunities
Opportunities from SACNAS
SACNAS* has a list of opportunities on their website for the post-bac, masters, doctoral, and professional level.
Please check these out at http://opportunitiesboard.sacnas.org/jobseeker/search/results/.
These opportunities are open to diverse students.
New Solicitation - International Research Experience for Students - IRES
- Description: The International Research Experience for Students - IRES program supports international research and research-related activities for U.S. science and engineering students. The IRES program contributes to the development of a diverse, globally-engaged workforce with world-class skills. IRES focuses on active research participation by undergraduate or graduate students in high-quality international research, education and professional development experiences in NSF-funded research areas.
- This solicitation features three mechanisms; proposers are required to select one of the following tracks to submit their proposal.
- Track I focuses on the development of world-class research skills in international cohort experiences.
- Track II is dedicated to targeted, intensive learning and training opportunities that leverage international knowledge at the frontiers of research.
- Track III calls for U.S. institutional partnerships and coalitions to develop and evaluate innovative models for high-impact, large-scale international research and professional development experiences for graduate students, as individuals or groups.
- Application: deadlines vary by proposal track. IRES Program Solicitation Page https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=12831
Please note that the program has been expanded with two new tracks beyond the traditional IRES program (see slides).
From the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship
Eli Lilly and Company Intern Program
Are you looking to work hard and play hard this summer? Lilly's summer internships are crafted with is in mind-challenging you to bring new insights and solutions to solving real business and scientific problems, while offering you opportunities to learn about Lilly, explore the city, and participate in social activities with colleagues at all levels within the company. Join Lilly this summer and discover the impact you can have on making life better for people around the world.
Internship duration: 10-12 weeks between May and September
The majority of internships take place at Lilly's sites in and around Indianapolis
Internships include: competitive pay, subsidized housing, free parking, and a membership to Lilly's on-site fitness facilities
Please remember to check out CLAS Advising for Pre-Professional resources https://www.gvsu.edu/clasadvising/preprofessional-programs-344.htm like google groups, certification information, test prep links, interviewing tips and information, information on post-baccalaureate programs, early assurance programs, fact sheets, and more!