LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions
What is TRIO Student Support Services?
Grand Valley State University's TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program is a federally-funded, comprehensive support program for first-generation and financially-eligible college students. Professional advisors and student peer mentors provide an array of services designed to help students meet their personal, academic, and career goals.
Who is eligible to participate?
Participants must be undergraduate students admitted to Grand Valley. Additionally, participants must be first-generation college students (neither parent graduated with a bachelor's degree) who meet federal income guidelines and have a need for academic assistance or be Pell-eligible.
How much does it cost to be in the TRIO Student Support Services program?
TRIO Student Support Services is free to all participants.
Where is the office located?
TRIO Student Support Services is located in 200 Student Services Building on the Allendale Campus
How do I know if SSS is right for me?
- Do I need assistance with:
- Study techniques or test-taking techniques?
- Managing my time?
- Creating an academic plan?
- Being admitted to a secondary admission program?
- Filing my FAFSA?
- Securing loans and scholarships?
- Exploring different majors?
- Interview skills?
- Exploring various career opportunities?
- Constructing an effective resume and portfolio?
- Applying to graduate school?
- Addressing personal concerns?
- Meeting other students on campus?
- Finding resources on campus and in the community?
- Finding volunteer opportunities?
- Studying Abroad?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then TRIO SSS is right for you!