Get to know Grayling High School Athletic Director and GV alum Nate Maury
Welcome to the Sport Management Program
Benefits of the Program
- Courses taught by professors, not graduate students
- Small class sizes enable skill development
- Flexible major or minor
- Excellent General Education courses
- Internships nationwide (list of internships)
- The department is staffed with PhDs from top graduate programs.
- Our focus is undergraduate education.
- Multiple professors have won awards for their teaching.
- Professors are published experts in their subfields.
Current students and graduates can be found working at all levels of sports including:
- Middle School and High School Athletics
- West Michigan Sports Commission
- U.S. Olympics Committee
- American Hockey League
- NCAA Division I and Division II Collegiate Athletics
- National Basketball Association
- National Football League
- Major League Baseball
- Private Fitness Clubs
- Graduate Assistantships
Internships, Jobs, and Careers
Your career starts with you, develops in the classroom, and continues in the field. Sport Management is an excellent preparation for a wide variety of jobs and careers. Many classes feature hands on experience, simulations and real-world problem solving. Our small class sizes enable you to develop the skills needed to advance in your career and/or graduate school:
- Critical thinking
- Data analysis
- Digital literacy
- Oral communication
We require internships for our students. Internships are available all over the state of Michigan and the country! For more information on internships, head over to our practicum and internships page.