GVSU Scribe Academy
GVSU's Scribe Academy program is designed to train individuals to assist healthcare providers by documenting patient care in the electronic medical record. Students enrolled in the program are trained in the classroom, online, and in the clinical setting. Students who successfully complete the program will be hired as hourly employees of Helix Scribe Solutions.
Scribes work in emergency departments (ED) and medical office settings. ED shift availability is around the clock, seven days a week and medical offices operate during normal business hours (great for flexible schedules and gap years!).
1) There is no waitlist for enrollment to the Scribe Academy for select specialties
2) Pay increases! ED part-time is now $12/hr and specialty part-time and full-time is $14/hr!
3) In-home scribing is available for remote primary care offices!
4) Refer a friend and get $150 for your club/organization (any college/university)
GVSU Scribe Academy Application
By clicking this link, you will be redirected to the GVSU Scribe Academy application hosted by AirTable, a 3rd party software company contracted by GVSU’s partner, Helix Scribe Solutions. Access to the data includes GVSU Scribe Academy staff and Helix Scribe Solutions. Non-GVSU students are welcome to apply! Contact the program if you have questions prior to applying at [email protected].
High-level instructors mentor students and share real-world experiences while staying current in the field.
Jumpstart your healthcare career by gaining extraordinary clinical experience.
Second-semester freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior-level college students enrolled in a healthcare academic program are invited to apply. Applying and program training is FREE to both GVSU and non-GVSU students!
Life of a Scribe
Watch this video to see how working as a scribe can help jumpstart your career in healthcare.
Scribes are working at the following healthcare facilities and specialties
- Breast Care/Oncology
- Hand Surgery
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Pain Clinic
- PM&R (Mary Free Bed)
- Primary Care (remote, in-home)
- Spine Surgery
*All specialty scribe positions pay $14 per hour
Students enrolled or planning to apply to the academic programs below, are encouraged to become a Scribe!
Grand Valley State University
- Allied Health Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Cell and Molecular Biology, M.S., P.S.M.
- Exercise Science
- Health Communications
- Master in Public Health, M.P.H.
- Medical and Bioinformatics, M.S., P.S.M.
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Recreation Therapy
- Contact CLAS Academic Advising to find other pre-professional programs that apply