- Second-semester college freshmen, college sophomore, junior or senior student enrolled or interested in pursuing a healthcare professional career, or individual who has recently obtained a college degree in a health or science related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be 18 years or older prior to clinical training.
- A working knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Type approximately 60-65 WPM upon hire (50 WPM is considered entry-level for Academy)
- Immunizations, vaccinations and medical screening for healthcare providers required. (Applicants are responsible for the cost to obtain immunizations and screening)
- Pass the screening interview
- Pass a background check and drug screen
Non-GVSU students are welcome to apply!
Scribe graduates are expected to work two approximately eight-hour shifts per week. Scribes are expected to work when the Emergency Department is open; nights, weekends, and holidays. Medical office shifts are only available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
*NOTE* A minimum commitment to working 12 consecutive months up to or passing 900 hours is required. Summer-only scribe positions are not available.
The GVSU Scribe Academy is a tuition FREE program!
**Successful scribe academy graduates are offered part-time or full-time paid employment. Training is not paid, but Helix Scribe Solutions will pay a bonus stipend based on work location.