LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
- Area college sophomore, junior or senior student enrolled or interested in pursuing a healthcare professional career, or individual who has recently obtained a college degree in a health or science related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Copy of unofficial college transcript.
- A working knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15lbs, and work in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Type approximately 60-65 WPM.
- Immunizations and medical screening for healthcare providers required. (Applicants are responsible for the cost to obtain immunizations and screening)
- Pass the screening interview
- Pass a background check and drug screen
Non-GVSU students are welcome to apply!
Scribe graduates are expected to work two approximately eight hour shifts per week. Scribes are expected to work when the Emergency Department is open; nights, weekends, and holidays. *UPDATE* A minimum commitment of 900+ hours and a 12 month minimum commitment is required. Summer only scribe positions are not available.
The GVSU Scribe Academy is a tuition FREE program!