Currently accepting applications.
Provide swim lessons/ private or group to adults of all levels and abilities based on American Red Cross (ARC) standards and program requirements.
- Complete the Employment Application.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and class schedule.
Start Date: Fall 2023
Duration: academic year, summers flexible
Location: Allendale, Recreation Center
Qualifications & Certifications
Required Certifications and Qualifications
- Current Life Guard Certification (which includes American Red Cross First Aid, CPR & AED)
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (preferred) - may be substituted with experience teaching swim lessons
- Experience on a competitive swim team (preferred)
- Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in swim lessons instruction
- Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, diving rings, lifejackets, etc.
- Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.
- The swim instructor is responsible for instructing all swim lesson participants
- Responsible for the safety of the participant in their own class
- Work hours as scheduled which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies.
- Instructs and evaluates students participating in swim lessons
- Submits completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information on time
- Attends mandatory meetings and training sessions as scheduled
- Act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- All other duties as assigned and appropriate.