Currently accepting applications.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating marketing and promotional materials for GVSU Recreation & Wellness. This may include content development, assistance with social media, and other various marketing, communication, and promotion efforts to support the department. They are expected to manage multiple project deadlines at once and provide excellent customer service. By working here, designers are able to get real-world experience working with clients and programs on a variety of projects.
- Complete the Employment Application.
- Submit resume, cover letter, and class schedule.
- Include three samples of design work.
Start Date: May 2021
Duration: Must be available through Fall 2021 semester. Based on performance and workload, student may be offered continued employment.
Hours: Part time, flexible hours up to 15-20 hours/week.
Compensation: Wages are competitive with other on-campus jobs. Increases with experience.
Location: GVSU Allendale Campus and/or Remote
- Design promotional materials for small and large-scale projects, including flyers, brochures, banners, social media graphics, and website graphics.
- Assist in ensuring consistency in Recreation & Wellness brand, including content development, social media, and other various marketing, communication, and promotion efforts.
- Assist with social media efforts for Recreation & Wellness platforms, including keeping an updated content calendar and developing content and graphics for posts.
- Take photographs and/or video at events and for social media.
- Attend weekly marketing meetings.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects at once.
- Willingness to receive input/feedback on work produced.
- Assist in coordination of programs and special events as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a current GVSU student enrolled in at least 6 credits.
- Preferred Graphic Design and/or Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations major.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Strong attention to details, as well as written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving skills, and time management skills.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- Working knowledge of MAC computers.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft Office.
- Photography and video skills are a plus.
- Active in some part of Recreation & Wellness a plus.